Full-Time with Co-op MBA Option (20 months)
Gain the knowledge and the work experience to get the career you want
The Laurier Full-Time MBA with Co-op option is designed for high-caliber recent graduates with fewer than two years of work experience. Whether you need valuable real-life work experience or are interested in gaining experience in a new industry, the co-op option is right for you.
For the past several years, we have consistently had a 100% employment rate for our students during their co-op work terms. In any given year we offer more than 3,000 job postings from 714 organizations.
Download the MBA with
Co-op Option Brochure »
Laurier’s School of Business & Economics is known for its strong reputable co-op program. This is why many of Canada’s leading companies seek to hire Laurier students specifically for co-op work terms which often lead to full-time employment opportunities for our students.
Benefits of our Waterloo Full-Time Co-op option
- One of the few MBA co-op programs in Canada
- Get paid while you earn your MBA degree. Help to offset the cost of tuition
- Gain valuable work experience in multiple industries of your choice, opening doors for future employment opportunities
- Strong support from our co-op and career services department including resume, cover letter, and interview preparation
- Choice of many different MBA specializations to choose from (see full list here)
- Program length of only 20 months. This means you will start your career earlier than other MBA co-op programs
Sample of weekly co-op work term salaries by function:
|Supply Chain Operations||$1,101||$883|
Program Length: 20 months (three academic terms and two paid four-month work terms)
Term 1 – Integrated Core: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Term 2 – Paid work term
Term 3 – Elective courses offered 8:30 a.m. – 9:50 p.m.
Term 4 – Paid work term
Term 5 – Elective courses offered 8:30 a.m. – 9:50 p.m.
Admission Requirements: Domestic applicant | International applicant
Admission Requirements for Domestic Applicants
- A four year undergraduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum B+ standing (77%) in the final year of study, or most recent 10 half-credit university degree courses.
- Evidence of strong quantitative skills, with a GMAT score of 600 or higher. The GMAT is mandatory for the co-op option.
- Letters of reference. Three academic references, or two academic and one professional, are required.
- Applicants are not required to have work experience. Eligibility is limited to those with less than two years of work experience.
- Applicants whose language of instruction during the undergraduate degree was other than English must furnish evidence of proficiency in English prior to admission. A minimum score of 573 paper-based, 100 internet-based (with minimum skills scores of 21 in each of the four skills sets), on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or its equivalent is required.
Admission Requirements for International Applicants
*International applicants include all applicants that have obtained a previous undergraduate or Masters Degree outside of Canada.
- Co-op applicants are required to have a B+ average (77% or G.P.A. of 9.0)in the last 10 half credit courses completed.
- Work experience
- Full-time MBA:A minimum of two (2) years full-time work experience or six (6) Co-op work terms. Part-time and summer employment between university terms do not apply.
- Full-time MBA with Co-op: No work experience is required. The maximum for co-op is two (2) years of full-time work experience, no exceptions.
- One year International MBA: A minimums of three (3) years full-time work experience. Part-time and summer employment between university terms do not apply.
- A minimum score of 550 on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). The GMAT is mandatory for all students who have achieved their undergraduate degree outside of Canada. The GMAT is also mandatory for all students applying to the MBA with Co-op Option. We require a minimum score of 600 or better for Co-op candidates.
- For students whose degrees were conferred by a non-English language institution, TOEFL (minimum 573/230), or IELTS (minimum 7), or MELAB (minimum 90) or CAEL (minimum 70) results are mandatory requirements.
- Three (3) letters of reference. If the applicant’s degree is less than five years old, one academic and two professional references are required. If the degree is more than five years old, all three references may be professional. For the Co-op option, candidates may submit all three academic references, or two academic and one professional.
Specializations: Click here for a full list of specialization options.
For more information, visit the Laurier Co-op website here.