Full-Time Waterloo MBA (12 months)
Immerse yourself in our intense one year Full-Time MBA program
The full-time program is designed for individuals who want to earn their MBA degree in our innovative one year program. Beginning in August, students will immediately be immersed in our integrated core methodology, involving eight different disciplines of business. Students will apply the knowledge gained during the core in case study analysis and team projects, and work as consultants for a real company.
At Laurier, the development of the individual is a priority. Through personal development activities incorporated into the core term, our students become well-rounded, confident individuals who excel as top level managers in the discipline of their choice.
Benefits of our Waterloo Full-Time Option
- One of the few 12-month full-time MBA programs available in Canada
- Innovative Integrated Core teaching approach (see more here)
- The choice of more than 10 different MBA specializations to choose from, including the Innovation & Entrepreneurship option (see full list here)
- Located at the centre of Canada’s technology triangle. Waterloo has a strong financial service sector as well as being home to several leading-edge research institutions
- The advantages of attending a top MBA school, with a reasonable tuition. Giving you one of the best ROIs any MBA program in Canada has to offer
Program Length: 12 months
Schedule: Term 1 & Integrated Core: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Term 2 & 3 & Elective courses offered 8:30 a.m. – 9:50 p.m.
Admission Requirements: Domestic applicant | International applicant
Admission Requirements for Domestic Applicants
- A four year undergraduate degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum B standing (73%) in the final year of university study, or most recent 10 half credit university degree courses.
- Evidence of strong quantitative skills, normally by the successful completion of the GMAT test with a score of 550 or higher.
- The GMAT is mandatory for all students who have completed their previous degrees outside of Canada.
- Letters of reference. Normally one academic reference and two professional, or all three professional with more than five years of work experience.
- Applicants whose language of instruction during the undergraduate degree was other than English must furnish evidence of proficiency in English prior to admission. A minimum score of 573 paper-based, 100 internet-based (with minimum skills scores of 21 in each of the four skills sets), on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or its equivalent is required.
- At least two years of full-time work experience.
Admission Requirements for International Applicants
*International applicants include all applicants that have obtained a previous undergraduate or Masters Degree outside of Canada.
- Education equivalent to a Canadian four-year Undergraduate Degree, with a minimum B average (73% or G.P.A. of 8.0) in the last 10 half credit courses completed. Co-op applicants are required to have a B+ average (77% or G.P.A. of 9.0)
- Work experience
- Full-time MBA: A minimum of two (2) years full-time work experience or six (6) Co-op work terms. Part-time and summer employment between university terms do not apply.
- Full-time MBA with Co-op: No work experience is required. The maximum for co-op is two (2) years of full-time work experience, no exceptions.
- One year International MBA: A minimums of three (3) years full-time work experience. Part-time and summer employment between university terms do not apply.
- A minimum score of 550 on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). The GMAT is mandatory for all students who have achieved their undergraduate degree outside of Canada. The GMAT is also mandatory for all students applying to the MBA with Co-op Option. We require a minimum score of 600 or better for Co-op candidates.
- For students whose degrees were conferred by a non-English language institution, TOEFL (minimum 573/230), or IELTS (minimum 7), or MELAB (minimum 90) or CAEL (minimum 70) results are mandatory requirements.
- Three (3) letters of reference. If the applicant’s degree is less than five years old, one academic and two professional references are required. If the degree is more than five years old, all three references may be professional. For the Co-op option, candidates may submit all three academic references, or two academic and one professional.
Specializations: Click here for a full list of specialization options.