MBA with CPA (3.3 years)
Now is the time to get yourself ready. Next intake for all of our Toronto MBA programs is April 3rd, 2015.
Earn your MBA degree and the new accounting designation, the CPA at the same time. Next intake is April 2014
Differentiate yourself from the competition by pursuing the Laurier MBA degree and the new CPA designation simultaneously. The analytical and leadership skills you gain from pursuing the MBA degree combined with your CPA designation will open limitless opportunities for your future career in any business field you decide to pursue.
Laurier has the reputation of providing a rigorous program for energetic people wanting to pursue a career in Management with an Accounting designation. For more than 12 years our graduates have consistently ranked among some of the highest in all of Canada for their passing rates and scores on the CMA Board Report and Case Exam. Our graduates are receiving senior management roles in less than five years of completing the combined Laurier program. We are committed to continue to provide this same level of academic excellence in developing the new CPA option with the Laurier MBA.
“Our students will experience exceptional preparation for the new designation exams through our unique teaching approach in our combined program.” Dr. Hugh Munro, Director of MBA Programs, School of Business & Economics
Proven Benefits of the Laurier MBA with an Accounting option
- There will be no add-ons with the combined Laurier program. Candidates will achieve the MBA degree and be fully prepared to test for the CPA designation upon completion of our program
- Continue to work full-time and pursue the MBA with the CPA designation simultaneously, saving you valuable time and money
- Convenient downtown Toronto location in the centre of the financial district
- Program details and elective courses to be posted in January, 2014
- Interested applicants can apply for this combination program now, our next intake is April 4th, 2014
Location: Downtown Toronto
Program Length: 3.3 years
Schedule: Alternating weekend schedule starts Friday 7 p.m. & 9:30 p.m, Saturday 8:15 a.m. & 5:15 p.m. No summer classes during July and August.
Admission Requirements: Domestic applicant
Admission Requirements for Domestic Applicants
- A four year undergraduate degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum B standing (73%) in the final year of university study, or most recent 10 half credit university degree courses.
- Evidence of strong quantitative skills, normally by the successful completion of the GMAT test with a score of 550 or higher. The GMAT is mandatory for all students who have completed their previous degrees outside of Canada.
- Letters of reference. Normally one academic reference and two professional, or all three professional with more than five years of work experience.
- Applicants whose language of instruction during the undergraduate degree was other than English must furnish evidence of proficiency in English prior to admission. A minimum score of 573 paper-based, 100 internet-based (with minimum skills scores of 21 in each of the four skills sets), on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or its equivalent is required.
- At least two years of full-time work experience.