MBA with CPA Designation (4 yrs, part-time weekend study, includes Capstone I & II)
Now is the time to apply. Our next intake for this part-time Toronto program is April 8th, 2016.
Earn your MBA degree and the new Canadian accounting designation, the CPA at the same time.
At Laurier we have a reputation of surpassing Canadian standards, whether it’s CMA pass rates and test scores, or the CA Gold medal winners. No Business school has higher performers than Laurier.
Adding the CPA designation to your MBA study terms with Laurier is an exceptionally smart thing to do. Firstly, you will differentiate yourself from the competition by pursuing the Laurier MBA degree. Our Integrated Core courses reflect exactly how the real world works. From day one, you will apply the knowledge from each of the core fundamental business areas to the analysis of real-life case studies. You will compete in international case competitions, and refine your presentation skills through our personal and professional development workshops.
Secondly, during the next stage of your degree, you will work towards achieving Canada’s new Accounting designation. We will ensure that you are well prepared for the Common Final Examination (CFE) of the CPA with all of our accredited accounting courses, including the Capstone I & II.
Our program extends over a period of 4 years at our downtown Toronto MBA campus. Our schedule is one of the best for working professionals anywhere in the world. Candidates attend classes part time on alternating weekends, from September to June, with a good break in December, and the summer months of July and August are always free.
Benefits of the Laurier MBA with the CPA Accounting option
- There will be no add-ons with the combined Laurier program. Candidates will achieve the MBA degree and be fully prepared to test for the CPA designation upon completion of our program
- Continue to work full-time and pursue the MBA with the CPA designation simultaneously, saving you valuable time and money
- Convenient downtown Toronto location in the centre of the financial district
- Elective courses are posted
“Our students will experience exceptional preparation for the new designation exams through our unique teaching approach in our combined program.” Dr. Hugh Munro, Director of MBA Programs, School of Business & Economics
Location: Downtown Toronto
Program Length: 4 years
Schedule: Alternating weekend schedule starts Friday 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m, Saturday 8:15 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. No summer classes during July and August.
Admission Requirements: Domestic applicant
Admission Requirements for Domestic Applicants
- A four year undergraduate degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum B standing (73%) in the final year of university study, or most recent 10 half credit university degree courses.
- Evidence of strong quantitative skills, normally by the successful completion of the GMAT test with a score of 550 or higher. The GMAT is mandatory for all students who have completed their previous degrees outside of Canada.
- Letters of reference. Normally one academic reference and two professional, or all three professional with more than five years of work experience.
- Applicants whose language of instruction during the undergraduate degree was other than English must furnish evidence of proficiency in English prior to admission. A minimum score of 573 paper-based, 100 internet-based (with minimum skills scores of 21 in each of the four skills sets), on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or its equivalent is required.
- At least two years of full-time work experience.
For more details please contact:
MBA & MFin Recruitment & Marketing Coordinator
School of Business & Economics (SBE)
WILFRID LAURIER UNIVERSITY
P: 519-884-0710 ext. 6220