MBA with CMA (New CPA Option, 3.3 years)
Earn your MBA degree and the new accounting designation at the same time, next intake April 2014
Differentiate yourself from the competition by pursuing the Laurier MBA degree and the new CPA designation simultaneously. The analytical and leadership skills you gain from pursuing the MBA degree combined with your CPA designation will open limitless opportunities for your future career in any business field you decide to pursue.
At Laurier, for 12 years our graduates consistently ranked among the highest in Canada for their passing rates and scores on the CMA Board Report and Case Exam. We will continue to provide our students with exceptional preparation for the new designation exams through our unique teaching approach.
Our current MBA/CMA graduates consistently receive senior management roles in less than five years of completing the program.
Proven Benefits of the Laurier MBA with CMA Study option
- The only MBA program in Canada that combines the CMA designation in a complete focused program. No add-on courses or projects required
- Work full-time while earning your MBA degree and CMA designation simultaneously, saving valuable time and money
- Eliminate the part one requirement of the CMA exam and the strategic leadership project
- Includes 70 hours of classroom time dedicated to the CMA board report and case exam preparation, more than any other MBA program of its kind in Canada
- Convenient downtown Toronto location in the centre of the financial district
Location: Downtown Toronto
Program Length: 3.3 years
Schedule: Alternating weekend schedule starts Friday 7 p.m. – 9:30 p.m, Saturday 8:15 a.m. – 5:15 p.m. No summer classes during July and August.
Admission Requirements: Domestic applicant
Admission Requirements for Domestic Applicants
- A four year undergraduate degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum B standing (73%) in the final year of university study, or most recent 10 half credit university degree courses.
- Evidence of strong quantitative skills, normally by the successful completion of the GMAT test with a score of 550 or higher. The GMAT is mandatory for all students who have completed their previous degrees outside of Canada.
- Letters of reference. Normally one academic reference and two professional, or all three professional with more than five years of work experience.
- Applicants whose language of instruction during the undergraduate degree was other than English must furnish evidence of proficiency in English prior to admission. A minimum score of 573 paper-based, 100 internet-based (with minimum skills scores of 21 in each of the four skills sets), on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or its equivalent is required.
- At least two years of full-time work experience.