MBA with Master of Finance (3.3 years)
Now is the time to get yourself ready. Next intake for all of our Toronto MBA programs is April 10th, 2015.
Study with top finance professors to earn two of the most sought after degrees and designations in the world
Our MBA program with the Master of Finance degree attracts keen analytical minds. This combination program provides candidates with the strategic leadership skills of the MBA, as well as the full breadth and depth of the technical “must haves” for a career in asset management or investment banking.
The program will continue to provide the curriculum and support for candidates readying themselves to challenge all three levels of the prestigious CFA(R) exams.The effectiveness of our program is evident by our superior pass rates. Our students consistently exceed global pass rates on the CFA® exams.
The double degree program will normally take 4 years part time study to be completed.
The MBA degree requires the 8-integrated core courses, plus the 610 (Applied Research Consulting project) and two additional elective courses. An additional 12 credit courses are required for the Master of Finance degree. Students may opt to take the accelerated route and choose to do the 610 project during the summer months, pursue independent study electives and the International business trip to speed up their program to 3.3 yrs.
“The Laurier Master of Finance program has been accepted into the CFA Institute University Recognition Program. This status is granted to institutions whose degree programs incorporate at least 70% of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK), which provides students with a solid grounding in the CBOK and positions them well to sit for the CFA exams.” – University Recognition Program
Click here for application information on CFA scholarships from the CFA Institute.
Benefits of the MBA with MFin study option
- The only fully integrated live in-class MBA/CFA® with Master of Finance program of its kind in Canada!
- Learn in small group settings, alternate weekends with other finance-focused individuals and leading finance professors who are experts in their field
- Candidates earn their MBA and their Master in Finance from Laurier along with preparation for all three levels of the CFA® designation exams in the same 3.3 year time period. Saves time and save money
- Includes several in-class mock exams that will prepare students for the CFA® exams during the program. Students graduate with Level I & Level II exam successfully completed
- Convenient downtown Toronto location in the centre of the financial district
Location: Downtown Toronto
Program Length: 3.3 years
Schedule: Alternating weekend schedule starts Friday 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m, Saturday 8:15 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. No summer classes during July and August.
Admission Requirements: Domestic applicant
Admission Requirements for Domestic Applicants
- A four year undergraduate degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum B standing (73%) in the final year of university study, or most recent 10 half credit university degree courses.
- Evidence of strong quantitative skills, normally by the successful completion of the GMAT test with a score of 550 or higher. The GMAT is mandatory for all students who have completed their previous degrees outside of Canada.
- Letters of reference. Normally one academic reference and two professional, or all three professional with more than five years of work experience.
- Applicants whose language of instruction during the undergraduate degree was other than English must furnish evidence of proficiency in English prior to admission. A minimum score of 573 paper-based, 100 internet-based (with minimum skills scores of 21 in each of the four skills sets), on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or its equivalent is required.
- At least two years of full-time work experience.
For more details please contact:
MBA & MFin Recruitment & Marketing Coordinator
School of Business & Economics (SBE)
WILFRID LAURIER UNIVERSITY
P: 519-884-0710 ext. 6220