CFA® MBA Study Track Option (3.3 years)
Study with top finance professors to earn one of the most sought after designations
Gain your competitive edge in the financial world by pursuing your MBA in Finance and CFA® preparation simultaneously. The CFA® charter is a prestigious professional finance designation that is internationally recognized as the leading qualification in the financial industry. This Laurier program option delivers the MBA degree and the requirements to successfully pass the CFA® level I and level II exams.
The effectiveness of our program is evident by our superior pass rates. Our students consistently exceed global pass rates on the CFA® exams.
As a student, you will examine the tools and concepts of corporate finance, investment analysis, economics, risk management, and ethics for the Chartered Financial Analyst designation while completing the required 20 courses for the full-content Laurier MBA.
Benefits of the MBA with CFA® study option
- The only fully integrated live in-class MBA/CFA® program of its kind in Canada
- Learn in small group settings with other finance-focused individuals and leading finance professors who are experts in their field
- Candidates earn their MBA in Finance from Laurier along with level I and level II of their CFA® designation in the 3.3 year time period
- Includes several in-class mock exams that will prepare students for the CFA® exams
- Convenient downtown Toronto location in the centre of the financial district
Location: Downtown Toronto
Program Length: 3.3 years
Schedule: Alternating weekend schedule starts Friday 7 p.m. – 9:30 p.m, Saturday 8:15 a.m. – 5:15 p.m. No summer classes during July and August.
Admission Requirements: Domestic applicant
Admission Requirements for Domestic Applicants
- A four year undergraduate degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum B standing (73%) in the final year of university study, or most recent 10 half credit university degree courses.
- Evidence of strong quantitative skills, normally by the successful completion of the GMAT test with a score of 550 or higher. The GMAT is mandatory for all students who have completed their previous degrees outside of Canada.
- Letters of reference. Normally one academic reference and two professional, or all three professional with more than five years of work experience.
- Applicants whose language of instruction during the undergraduate degree was other than English must furnish evidence of proficiency in English prior to admission. A minimum score of 573 paper-based, 100 internet-based (with minimum skills scores of 21 in each of the four skills sets), on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or its equivalent is required.
- At least two years of full-time work experience.