One Year International MBA (12 months)
Gain an international perspective that will prepare you for a global career
Possessing international experience is becoming increasingly important in the business world. This is why Laurier’s One Year International MBA program is extremely appealing to prospective students. Designed to reflect the challenges and opportunities of doing business in three very different economies (a mature developed economy, a transitional economy, and a developing economy), this program prepares our students for careers anywhere in the world.
Students in this program will spend each term in a different country (4 months per term) and will experience first-hand what it is like to do business in these diverse markets. The program attracts students from all over the world who either want to work with an international firm or start to grow a new international business.
Benefits of the International MBA option
- Experience the excitement of being immersed in different countries, cultures, economies and markets.
- The majority of the learning takes place outside of the classroom; working in teams within local operations of global organizations.
- The Laurier MBA degree is AACSB accredited, meaning the degree is internationally recognized. Less than 5% of the world’s business schools have achieved this elite distinction.
Program Length: 12 months
Schedule: Dependent on location
Admission Requirements: Domestic applicant | International applicant
Admission Requirements for Domestic Applicants
- A four year undergraduate degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum B standing (73%) in the final year of university study, or most recent 10 half credit university degree courses.
- Evidence of strong quantitative skills, normally by the successful completion of the GMAT test with a score of 550 or higher. The GMAT is mandatory for all students who have completed their previous degrees outside of Canada.
- Letters of reference. Normally one academic reference and two professional, or all three professional with more than five years of work experience.
- Applicants whose language of instruction during the undergraduate degree was other than English must furnish evidence of proficiency in English prior to admission. A minimum score of 573 paper-based, 100 internet-based (with minimum skills scores of 21 in each of the four skills sets), on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or its equivalent is required.
- At least three years of full-time work experience.
Admission Requirements for International Applicants
*International applicants include all applicants that have obtained a previous undergraduate or Masters Degree outside of Canada.
- Education equivalent to a Canadian four-year Undergraduate Degree, with a minimum B average (73% or G.P.A. of 8.0) in the last 10 half credit courses completed. Co-op applicants are required to have a B+ average (77% or G.P.A. of 9.0)
- Work experience
- Full-time MBA: A minimum of two (2) years full-time work experience or six (6) Co-op work terms. Part-time and summer employment between university terms do not apply.
- Full-time MBA with Co-op: No work experience is required. The maximum for co-op is two (2) years of full-time work experience, no exceptions.
- One year International MBA: A minimums of three (3) years full-time work experience. Part-time and summer employment between university terms do not apply.
- A minimum score of 550 on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). The GMAT is mandatory for all students who have achieved their undergraduate degree outside of Canada. The GMAT is also mandatory for all students applying to the MBA with Co-op Option. We require a minimum score of 600 or better for Co-op candidates.
- For students whose degrees were conferred by a non-English language institution, TOEFL (minimum 573/230), or IELTS (minimum 7), or MELAB (minimum 90) or CAEL (minimum 70) results are mandatory requirements.
- Three (3) letters of reference. If the applicant’s degree is less than five years old, one academic and two professional references are required. If the degree is more than five years old, all three references may be professional. For the Co-op option, candidates may submit all three academic references, or two academic and one professional.