Frequently Asked Questions
Is there an application deadline for admissions?
Yes, the Waterloo MBA programs application deadline is June 1st
We are continuing to accept applications to the 2016 Toronto MBA programs, which commence on April 8th, 2016.
(Candidates applying to any of the Toronto MBA Program options may submit their GMAT scores or supplementary documents no later than March 25th, 2016 for the April 8th, 2016 intake.)
Note: all international candidates must have their applications in by January 15 of each year.
We encourage applicants to apply as soon as they are ready as we have rolling admission to all of our programs. This means offers of admission are awarded year-round to all successful candidates for all of the upcoming intake dates.
Is a deposit required once I formally accept my Offer of Admission?
Yes, Accepted Offers of Admission must be accompanied by a confirmation deposit. The confirmation deposit is non-refundable, but will be applied to your first term’s tuition. Failure to meet any admission condition(s) or cancellation of your acceptance for the term specified on the offer will not result in a refund and the confirmation deposit will not be applied to any future terms.
Click here to access these forms.
What are the admission criteria for the MBA program?
Click here for a list of all of the admission requirements (GPA, GMAT, reference letters etc.).
Will my application be assessed if I’m missing some documents (GMAT, transcripts, and references etc.)?
Applicants can certainly submit their application before sending all of their documents. However, the admission committee will not assess the application until all necessary documents have been received by us (e.g. successful GMAT score, if required).
Do I need a business background in order to apply?
No, a business background is not required. In the Integrated Core, you will be exposed to all fundamental areas of business.
If I am an international student, will my degree be accepted?
All applicants whose previous degree was achieved outside of Canada are eligible to apply to the full content MBA at Laurier. However, you may need to have your previous degrees and diplomas assessed by an assessment agency. We often refer our international candidates to WES, ICAS, or Ontario Comparative Service. Simply request a general assessment of your previous degree(s) from them to determine the comparative level of education in Canadian academic standards. We welcome international candidates to our MBA program.
What is the starting date of the program?
We offer several program formats at each of our two campus locations, Waterloo and Toronto. There is only one start date a year for each of our seven formats.
Program start dates:
- Waterloo Full-time (mid-August) one-year program
- Waterloo Full-time with Co-op (mid-August) 20-month program
- Waterloo Part-time evenings (early September) 3.3 years
- Toronto Part-time alternate weekends (early April) 3.3 years
- Toronto Part-time MBA/CPA alternate weekends (early April) 3.3 years
- Toronto Part-time MBA/CFA® alternate weekends (early April) 3.3 years
Can I specialize in a certain field of business for my MBA?
Yes, please see our specializations page to view the many options we offer.
TRANSFER POLICY FOR STUDENTS WANTING TO MOVE BETWEEN MBA CAMPUS LOCATIONS.
- All Laurier MBA Degree Program options are campus specific, and are customized in duration and delivery style to their specific campus locations.
- Transfer requests between programs that are offered on the MBA Candidates home campus can sometimes be accommodated if the student has completed the Integrated core and has the eligible credentials. Ie. Transferring from full time Waterloo to part time Waterloo, or transferring from part time Toronto alternate weekend comprehensive MBA to the MBA with CPA or the double degree, MBA with MFin (CFA ®).
- Some transfer requests between MBA campus locations have restrictions. Ie. If a Toronto MBA Candidate wishes to transfer to the Waterloo MBA program full time or part time, a specific request policy must be followed.
- The MBA Candidate must provide evidence of successfully completing the Integrated core in the Toronto MBA Program.
- Provide the rationale as to why they require the transfer.
- The MBA Candidate understands that a temporary withdrawal from the Toronto MBA Campus Degree program for a minimum period of two consecutive terms (8 months) before the transfer request can be granted.
- All MBA candidates desiring a transfer between MBA Degree Programs , are advised to learn the criteria and discuss their eligibility with their individual program leaders.
Tuition and Funding Questions
Tuition and fees vary for each Laurier MBA program format.
For Waterloo MBA program details please contact: Holly Paterson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Toronto MBA program details please contact: Maureen Ferraro at email@example.com.
Can I opt in to the double-degree, the MBA and the MFIN if I am in the Comprehensive General MBA?
A: Yes, you can do this ONLY during one of the four Integrated core terms, and before term five begins at the very latest. All back fees are due and payable at this time. You must also already possess the admission requirements for the double degree. At the beginning of term five you then register for the pre-selected MFIN program courses to complete the full 4-year part-time double–degree program.
Can I opt in to the MBA with the CPA Option if I am in the Comprehensive General MBA?
A: Yes, you can do this ONLY during one of the four Integrated core terms, and before term five begins at the very latest. All back fees are due and payable at this time. At the beginning of term five you then register for the pre-selected CPA program courses to complete the full 4-year part-time program.
Q: Will my fees be refunded if I move from the MBA with the CPA option to the Comprehensive General MBA?
A: Students opting out of the CPA Option at any time during the core or the CPA elective stage of the degree, will NOT be refunded any of the incurred fees. Please note: Once a student removes him or herself from a program, they cannot re-enrol in the original program. Students cannot switch streams more than once.
Q: Will my fees be refunded if I move from the double degree, the MBA and the MFIN to the Comprehensive General MBA?
A: Students opting out of the double-degree, the MBA /MFIN at any time during the core or during the MFIN courses, will NOT be refunded any of the incurred fees. Please note: Once a student removes him or herself from a program, they cannot re-enrol in the original program. Students cannot switch streams more than once.
Career Prospect Questions
What career prospects will I have after I graduate?
Our MBA graduates consistently acquire high level positions in their business field of choice.
Just click here to view some of our Graduate Success Stories.
Our career services staff also maintains an open-door policy to ensure that all of our students obtain a career in the path they pursue. The staff here is always willing to go the extra mile to help map out the steps needed for a student to achieve his or her careers aspirations.